<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11537554?origin\x3dhttp://ourlittledarlinggirl.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
February 6, 2011 11:16 AM

恭喜恭喜!祝贺大家新年快乐, 身体健康,事事顺利!

After waiting for twelve years, it's finally my year again! RABBIT! I love my horoscope, and I love my zodiac too..

But as I doesn't have much relatives in Singapore, that makes me quite free during Chinese New Year period as I don't need to go 拜年.. I do yearn to be able to visit Penang during Chinese New Year season so that I can go around greeting my cousins and aunties/uncles.. Would like my Chinese New Year to be 热热闹闹 but I think it's not quite possible unless I get married in future and have dozens of children.. Hahaha..

Really missed those Chinese New Years I had as a child.. You play with sparklers, those little bombs that you press and throw away before it 'explodes', and the little boxes of white stoney mini explosives that goes 'PIAK!' when it hit something.. My brother used to love throwing it at me.. What an ass.. LOL!

But all these have been banned in Singapore except for sparklers which kinda kills off all festive mood.. Even the Chinese Lion Dance? We have not caught sight of even one this year.. :( Is it because the trend is fading off? or lousy economy? Darrielle have been disappointed at not being able to see any lion dance.. She loves that.. In the end, we spread my blanket, goes under it and did a short lion dance with her at home.. Hahaaha!

Each year we had steamboat at home for our Reunion Dinner, but this year we decide to just go out and eat to save us all the hassle of preparing the food and having to do the wash ups afterward.. So we went to Ah Yat Seafood again as they are still having the 50% offer with Unique Seafood and parking is really convenient over at Turf City..

Brought my mom to 大世界 on the morning of Chinese New Year Day 1.. This is the first time she is watching movie together with Darrielle..


Too bad I only caught half of it as Darrielle wasn't able to keep quiet and still during the movie and I had to lug her out of the cinema for the sake of peace..

It's really quite boring during Chinese New Year for someone who doesn't 拜年, and for all shops to be closed.. We had our first visit to Botanical Garden..




It's filled with bored people too, taking strolls with their pets, tourist and families picnicking.. What an envy.. This is what I want to do with my family in future.. Simple weekends lazing around with my hubby, read a book or just enjoy each others presence with the kids running around, playing with each others.. It's in the evening, and we had our dinner there before going home.. The restaurant is nice and kids-friendly.. The waitress provided Darrielle with a crayon set and a big piece of paper for her to doodle on.. There we have, my big Darling and small Darling, doodling together on the paper while waiting for the food to be ready.. Hahaa..

That's about it for Chinese Rabbit New Year! And here's Darrielle greeting all aunties/uncles/korkors/zehzehs reading her blog:

I told her to smile, she smile with her eyes close.. So I told her, 'Open your eyes la!' This is what I get..




Here's our 小宝贝 closing off with a Chinese New Year smooch.. Muackz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment