<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11537554?origin\x3dhttp://ourlittledarlinggirl.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
November 8, 2010 7:37 PM

I was so excited, I couldn't sleep properly the whole night.. Huili say Anniston couldn't sleep too coz she was too excited.. LOL

Woke up early in the Deepavali morning, it's Farm Trip Day! Huili drop by Causewaypoint and we all had our breakfast at Macdonalds.. Took a cab from Woodlands to Hay Dairies Farm direct as we didn't want to miss the milking session of the goats..

Hay Dairies
No. 3 Lim Chu Kang
Agrotech Park Lane 4
Singapore 718859


The goats just done with their milking session


The girls was like so amazed, especially Enen.. LOL

Enen popping her little head through the railing..

Dardar giving that grumpy face.. It's like her favorite expression.. LOL

Those Mommy Goats resting..

The smell of goat + droppings was really overwhelming that the girl had to cover their nose.. LOL

Every girls have their 'signature pose'.. This is Enen's..

I don't know why she decide to goes hopping under the table.. LOL

Bought a 200ml of chocolate goat milk for the girls to try out.. I didn't dare to try coz the goaty smell was too much for me.. Surprisingly, the girls didn't even seem to pick up that goaty smell and sup all 200ml in a blink of eye.. Too bad, it's not allowed to feed the goats anymore now as they are afraid of spreading dieseases to the goats..


Sharing Yanyan biscuit.. The girls are so funny.. They only use the biscuit sticks to eat the strawberry cream, but not eat the biscuits.. Bah~

Took bus 975.. When we are onboard, a uncle ask us where we are going.. We say we intend to go to a cow farm and he pointed out the stop for us..

Took a long walk in and finally reach.. You can smell the cow dung smell from afar, that's how i'm sure we are not walking in the wrong direction.. LOL

Viknesh Dairy Farm Entrance is F.O.C, but it's expected that you at least buy 1liter of milk $5 from them as a polite gesture.. There is a guy who brought us around the farm and did some explaining and introducing of the animals to us..

There are some goats here too~

Moo~

These are the calves.. Not exactly that young, but it's not an adult yet.. Enen and Dardar was terrified of the cows coz it must have appeared hugh to them~ Anniston wasn't afraid at all..

They was chasing one black calf into the enclosure while Huili was standing nearby.. The calf was running about, and almost charge in her direction, Huili was SCRREAAMMINNGG.. LOL.. I couldn't help but LOL-ed whenever i thought of it..

The adult cows, mostly mothers.. They was separated by their age and temperament.. The fiercer ones are with the fiercer ones, while the milder ones are chilling with the milder ones.. It would be damn cool if I could ever witness a cow give birth..

Lap lap lap.. The cows are grinded beans and beansprouts for their meals.. The guide told us sometimes he eat that too.. I don't know if I should believe him.. Hahaha..

He was like a Indian version of chinese kentang la.. When I have to speak to the older milkman, I spoke to the guide and was expecting him to translate into Tamil to the milkman.. Who knows, he spoke in pieces of english to the milkman.. I ask him why? He said, coz he couldn't speak Tamil.. I was like O.o

The room where they process and store the milk

The farm is more rundown and dirtier than Hay Dairies coz it's not so commercialised.. But whatever, it doesn't really matters to me since there are cows~ hehehe..


Dardar looking scared coz a garbage truck drove by.. She is scare of big vehicles..

Just then, a car stop by.. Earlier on, when we are still walking our way in to look for the farm, the same car had stopped by and asked for directions, if we knows where the cow farm is.. Coincidentally, when we are leaving the cow farm, they drove by again and ask if we had found the cow farm.. I pointed out that we are right outside the cow farm.. LOL.. They saw that we have 2 toddlers along and ask if we wants to hitch a ride.. We was melting in the sun and soooo tired so we agreed.. The uncle ask us where do we wanna drop, I told him that he can drop us at the bus stop along the road.. But he insist on asking where is our next destination and dropped us at the Jurong Frog Farm instead.. What a few kind souls we met.. Really thankful for that..

Jurong Frog Farm
No. 56
Lim Chu Kang Lane 6
Singapore 718864


Took a rest and chill out for awhile at Jurong Frog Farm before we go and look at the bullfrogs.. They are selling Snow Jelly dessert for $3.80 too.. That's really cheap la.. Other than that, they sells fresh bullfrogs, snakehead, and some other stuffs too.. It's gotta be really fresh.. But too bad, as we wasn't driving, I didn't buy any..




There are a few dogs in the farm.. Enen is afraid of the dog while Dardar and Anniston keep petting the dogs.. LOL..
Look at those dear sweet teary eyes~ *blink*

Dardar had a small 'accident' there.. The farm owner girl is very kind.. Instead of black face or make noise, she quickly hand me a slab of newspapers to absorb away the urine on the floor and gave me a plastic bag to keep Darrielle's soiled pants.. The dogs were all crowding around Darrielle, looking at this weird human which just marked her territory their way.. LOL

Bullfrogs.. We saw a few fighting with each others..

Dardar and Anniston was like stunned..

Within minutes, we hear the farm owner calling out to us, that the Kranji Express Buss has arrive.. Ran as fast as we could as we didn't wan to miss the bus.. Enen and Dardar both fell down on their way :( Luckily I had brought along 2 pack of Kleenex Sanitising Wet Wipes along.. Used it to clean up their wounds abit..

Didn't venture out more since Huili and I are both dying of exhaustion.. It's long past the girl's nap time and also late for lunch too.. Kranji Express stop at Kranji MRT and we went to Lot1 for our lunch..

For mommies who are interested to bring their kiddos to the farm too, it's certainly much easier and enjoyable if you drives.. If not, you can take up Bus No. 975 from CCK interchange or Kranji Express from Kranji MRT too:

Kranji Countryside Association

If you are driving, there are more farms you can go as Kranji Express only drop by farms who joined the KCA.. Some farms like Lian Hwa Hang quail farms and Viknesh Dairy Farm didn't join the KCA, thus Kranji Express doesn't stop by those farms.. I remember when I visited Lian Hwa Hang quail farm around 10 years ago, there are turkey and some about big birds to see.. They even sell chicks as pets back then.. Now with the bird flu scare, I'm not sure if they are still open to public..

Remember to bring a good insect repellant and tonnes of plain water along!

Air-conditioner is really a great invention.. We was feeling soooo relieved when we are finally in the air con room..
Dardar had good appetite that afternoon.. We shared a Korean Ginseng Chicken soup + rice, she had most of my rice..

After lunch, we took train to AMK hub for a movie.. We decide to watch Megamind as it's timing suits us most..


Having our early dinner before the movie starts at 6.20pm..


I think this is Enen's first 3D movie..

It's quite enjoyable, and Megaman just gets more and more charismatic towards the end of the movie, even with his big blue bald head.. Now when I see bald men, I think of Megamind.. hahahah!




Dardar sat through the whole movie, but she kept asking me if it's ending soon.. LOL.. Enen slept through the last 30mins after I took the popcorn away from her..

After the movie, we went to fetch Huihui from Huili's mom.. As we are walking past the AMK park near the Macdonalds drivethrough, I saw Darrielle pointed to the park, but I didn't pay attention to it.. Seconds later, she suddenly jumped and hopped and cried and whine for me to carry her immediately.. That's when Huili's sister said to me, 'You would better carry her, this area very dirty' OMG.. My hair just stand.. Got to the road side and got into a cab, we are on our way home.. Double bath ourselves due to the sweat and dirt accumulated throughout the day.. Thanks God we all slept safe and sound through the night.. Both of us are really exhausted..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment