<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11537554?origin\x3dhttp://ourlittledarlinggirl.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
September 10, 2010 10:57 PM

There is this cafe sitting in Trinity Christian Centre which I really gotta talk about.. Initially, we didn't notice that cafe as the glass makes the cafe seems really dim.. So each time we are there, me and Ah Hia would have our dinner at the Hans on the 2nd floor.. One day, both of us are sick of the not so fantastic but pricey food, we decide to walk around to see if there's other eating place available..

We chance upon Shloop Cafe..

It's a very small cafe sitting next to a bookshop.. But the decoration is sweet and clean.. Maybe coz we always goes in the evening when it's off peak hours, the service is always prompt..




And most importantly, it's very wallet friendly.. Especially their 2-for-1 deal.. Top up $3.90 per person, you gets a drink + a soup of the day / salad..

This is what we ordered last evening..

My top up, corn soup + ice fruit tea..

Their soup is really what I love.. It's fabulous.. Most soup at other restaurant feels like out of the Campbell can.. But not at this cafe.. It's flavorful, and you can really tell that it's freshly cooked.. The 1st time we ate there, their soup of the day is Tomato soup.. Really, like the best we have tried..

Ah Hia's top up. Salad + 100plus

He wanted to order their Hot Chocolate, but too bad it's out of stock that day.. He had it at the 1st visit, it's absolutely yummy.. Doesn't taste like Milo (Some places' hot chocolate taste totally like milo, duhz).. It's thick (I think they added cream to it) and chocolate-ty with a tinge of cinnamon smell.. I can see the disappointment on his face when we were told that there is no more Hot Chocolate for the day..

Our Mains:



They charge whichever the course that cost higher, the cheaper one is free.. In this case, they charged for the Chicken Chop and our Pizza is free.. Food wise, it's not bad but not too much raves..

Bill comes up to around $20 for 2 person.. Seriously, where can you get such a good deal like this!

Their cute little namecards:



Now they changed their namecard into a bigger version, the normal namecard size.. Too bad~

Do try it when you are around Paya Lebar or Taiseng area!


4 Comments:

TCC!

I always go on Sunday! (only if i am in Singapore)

I think they are really good people there. I been to afew church before but it is different!

By Blogger ゆこ, at September 22, 2010 6:46 PM  

I have not attended any of their service before.. But their building is seriously very nice.. Especially the big color changing Cross across the field.. It's very gorgeous in the night..

By Blogger Rem, at September 23, 2010 9:57 AM  

Dear, I live at Macpherson! =D

By Anonymous Serene, at September 24, 2010 6:18 PM  

Serene goes there often? :D

By Blogger Rem, at September 25, 2010 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment