<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11537554?origin\x3dhttp://ourlittledarlinggirl.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
March 30, 2008 5:48 PM

24th Mar:

Had my checkup with Dr. Ang.. He did scanning as usual and mentioned that baby's amniotic fluid level is low, baby should be out already.. But i wasn't having any contractions or passed the mucus plug, totally no sign of labour, so Dr. Ang ask me to consider inducing..
I agreed on the spot as i was already there, don't want to waste time to go home and think over la. Hahaa.. So he inserted the pill for inducin into my cervix.. (wah! damn pain!!!) After he put in the pill, i become blur blur coz 'destressed' by the pain when he put the pill in.. Get light bleeding and backaches with mild contractions almost immediately.. Was told to go home and admit myself into TMC at 10.30pm..

After that, i went home, surf net, and took a nap.. Thought i would deliver on the night.. Before going to TMC, shopped at Causeway point and had Sakae sushi for dinner with my mum then took MRT down to Novena and stroll to the hospital..


My Tummy and hospital bag

Reached hospital juz nice on time.. I think Dr. Ang had at least 3 other patients that night.. Was sent to my ward and told to rest there while waiting for Dr. Ang..


My hospital card

Around 11.30pm, Dr. Ang finally drop by, and did VE again.. Was told tat cervix is still quite closed and he inserted 2 more pills for me..

Try to sleep but hardly get a wink coz of the contractions n backaches and worry about my mum and my best friend as they accompanied me to hospital was chased away from my ward as TMc doesn't allow anyone to stay over night for 2-bedded ward, and so they went to the waiting lounge because they are afraid that I would deliver in the middle of night..


My ward's toilet


The place where i stayed for 3 days

25 Mar:
Finally, Dr. Ang came in the morning, did VE again, but I was only 1.5cm dilated.. (it was so painful i almost want to kick him again) then I was told that we can proceed with using the drip to induce further, but success rate only 70%.. But he also got mention that if in the end the cervix still failed to open enough, and end up gotta go for c-sec, I would have to pay $1300 cash instead of $700 (for scheduled c-sec) or $400 (for vaginal birth).. I was scare that it might fail in the end, then its like wasted time feeling extra pain and paying extra moolah.. So I chose to go for spinal c-sec in the end..
Start preparing for the operation at 1pm, washed hair, changed into the operation gown, and 1.30pm, was wheeled into the OT...


Me and my mum before the c-sec

Only start getting very nervous when I got wheeled into the OT.. Thank goodness, the whole operation team is very nice and friendly, makes me feel more relax.. Spent the time listening to their chats and chatted with them throughout the operation, and by 1.58pm, baby is out.. The 1st tot was, "oh~ her cries sound like donald duck.."

After cleaning, Darrielle is wheel out to the labour ward to be weighted and everything.. The midwive let my mum carry the baby for 15 mins.. And my mom wept when she 1st carry the baby.. tears of joy.. hahaa... I was sent back into my ward by 2.30pm, and finally, baby was brought to me at 6pm and i breastfed her immediately..


Our first nursing experience


In her own nursery cot


Sleeping against my breast after her nightfeed


My Precious Darling



I'm already missing my hospital stay.. The nurses at Thomson Medical Centre are really nice.. And things really seems easier with the professionals around.. I paid total $839 in cash~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment