<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11537554?origin\x3dhttp://ourlittledarlinggirl.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
November 27, 2007 3:39 PM



For anyone who would do with a good read, especially for moms, teen moms, or moms-to-be. I had borrowed this book from Sembawang National Library along with a few baby name books last week after my check up.. When i had already got bored and too lazy to read on further the baby name books, here i am.. hooked on to this book, "You looks too young to be a Mom: Teen Mothers speak out on Love, Learning and Success" by Deborah Davis. It a compile of real personal life essay of 35 teen mothers who survived teen motherhood and thrives in it..

Here's one of the excerpts from the book "You look too young to be a Mom":

The Power of No
—Alice Campbell

When I gave birth to my daughter, the pain was overwhelming. The burning sensations as her head moved through the birth canal paralyzed me. I couldn’t speak, but I could hear my own silent screams. My family and my boyfriend were all there, the doctors and nurses running around. All this pain and the loneliness blowing through my chest collided as her head crowned. I was drowning in it all, losing all connections to what I was. I felt as if I was dying.
......They wrapped my daughter in towels and placed her on my stomach. She gazed up at me, and when we made eye contact, all the pain and loneliness vanished. My body filled with warmth I hadn’t felt since I was a small child, and I could breathe again. I loved her like I had never loved another person. I loved her simply because she had been born. I looked around the room at my boyfriend and my family. Nobody loved me this way, and I couldn’t believe what I had thought love was—suppressing my needs and fulfilling the needs of others.
......A few days later, I broke up with my boyfriend. I did it over the phone because I was too scared to face him, too worried that the small touch of resolve to do better for my child and myself would slip away. “Okay,” he said, and then he called the next morning as if I had not broken up with him. I told him again that I wanted something different for my life and my child. I needed a love he couldn’t offer either of us.

Taken from http://www.deborahdavisauthor.com/books/too-young/excerpts.html

and some of the quotes that i love from this book:

"Don't tell me my life is over when i have a baby at seventeen. I didn't believe you then, and i certainly don't now. My life story starts at age seventeen"

"Girl's like me don't listen to people like you. Girls like me have raised presidents. We've raised messiahs, musicians, and writers and settlers. Girls like me won''t compromise and we won't fail."


Do pick it up the next time you visit the library.. Inspiring indeed.. =)

BB is 22 weeks and 3 days old today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment